Attorney at Law
Attorney John Carella joined the Law Offices of Russo & Prince, LLP in January of 2006. Throughout his time at Russo & Prince, LLP, Mr. Carella has focused his practice on all areas of family law, including family law litigation. Mr. Carella offers experienced guidance to clients seeking all manner of family law advice, as well as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements and civil harassment restraining orders. Mr. Carella obtained his undergraduate degree at the University of Notre Dame, and his Juris Doctorate at the University of San Francisco, School of Law (USF).
Mr. Carella practices exclusively in the area of family law, including dissolution of marriage (divorce), military divorce, annulment, and legal separation, as well as spousal support (alimony), child support, division of assets and debts of all types (including valuation and allocation of assets), child custody, visitation, marital settlement, post-marital agreements, premarital agreements, non-marital cohabitation agreements, paternity issues, grandparent rights, modification of existing orders and post-judgment modifications, standard family law tax matters, and initiation and defense of both domestic violence (DV) and civil harassment (CH) restraining orders. Mr. Carella prides himself on keeping abreast of all relevant case law and legal developments in his areas of practice in order to ensure his clients receive the best, and most up to date, legal counsel.
When he is not working - which is seldom - Mr. Carella is spending time with his family, and enjoying the many fine restaurants in Solano and Napa Counties.
Areas of Practice
- Legal Separation & Annulment
- Spousal Support (Alimony)
- Child Support
- Military Divorce
- Marital Property Division (including real property & retirement plans)
- Custody & Visitation
- Civil Harassment & Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Establishing & Contesting Paternity
- Pre-Marital (Prenuptial) and Post-Marital Agreements
- Non-Marital Cohabitation Agreements
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Business Valuation
- Step-Parent Adoption
- California, 1965
- University of San Francisco, School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Univ. of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
- Continuing education in the area of family law, including tax matters and property division